|Photo by Ron Waddington|
Last March, I posted a list of ten sexy country songs for knockin' boots. The post got lots of visits! Well done, everyone. Ahem.
In the spirit of continued teamwork, I'd like to share ten more sexy country songs to help ring in a new year of boot-knocking. Enjoy!
And I'll be back next week with another #TeaserTuesday from Cowboy Resurrection, book #2 in my Cowboy Cocktail series, coming March 15, 2016.
10 (More) Sexy Country Songs for Knockin' Boots
(Click here for the first list. The links below are all YouTube videos.)
1. "Your Man," Josh Turner. Such an amazing deep voice. No one sounds like Josh Turner.
2. "Neon Moon," Brooks and Dunne. This song makes an appearance in an upcoming Cowboy Cocktail book. Honkytonk dance floor. Handsome calf roper. Heartbroken cowgirl. I think you know what happens next.
3. "I Will Always Love You," Dolly Parton. Made famous by Whitney Houston, this song was written and recorded by Dolly Parton way back in 1974. I like how Dolly sings it. Her voice is so vulnerable.
4. "Amarillo by Morning," George Strait. Tied for my favorite Strait song with "Troubadour." But this line captures why I write cowboy romance heroes: "I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free."
5. "Like a Cowboy," Randy Hauser. This reminds me of country songs from the 80s and 90s. Great lyrics, honest storytelling. Folks who've been in a long-distance relationship will feel this song more than other people.
6. "Come Over," Kenny Chesney. I'm such a sucker for honest lyrics. When I heard this song for the first time, I sat in the driveway and waited for it to end before I got out of the car.
7. "Die a Happy Man," by Thomas Rhett. Oh, Lord. The song is about his wife and it is so sweet. Sweeter still is the video. Disclaimer: don't watch the video if you're feeling cynical about love, because it will make you want to punch something.
8. "She's Got You," Patsy Cline. Her songs go straight to my heart and beat it to hell. This one is the great-grandmama of Jana Kramer's "I Got the Boy."
9. "Speakers," Sam Hunt. This song came up on my iPod after I bought the album Montevallo and I just kind of stood in my kitchen, stunned. It is the sexiest country song I can think of. Sexier even than Eric Church's "Wrecking Ball" from my first list, which is pretty damn sexy.
10. "Wicked Game," Chris Isaak. Okay, technically not country. But Chris Isaak is from Stockton, not far from where my Cowboy Cocktail stories are set. His influences include Elvis, Roy Orbison, and Hank Williams. And this song is pure sex! So I'm putting it on the list.
Okay. Can't resist. One more.
11. "Tennessee Whiskey," Chris Stapleton. I just started listening to him, but what an amazing songwriter. He needs more radio play, stat!